Thursday, November 14, 2013

Olive Garden At Home, Really!

I made chicken Alfredo, and  the recipe came out pretty good!
I'm always nervous when it comes to new recipes.
Whether it's cookies, cake,donuts, anything!
The only thing I care about is whatever I'm making to turn out delicious! 
And it was.
Believe me, this was pretty tasty, I couldn't believe I made it!
One thing I didn't know is that heavy cream is flammable!
A bit of cream ran down the side of the pot, and then when the fire got to it.
The heavy cream started sparking!!!
I don't know what's up with that, but when my pan started trying to overflow.
I turned that mess all the way down.
I didn't want it to boil over.
I was also nervous about adding almost the whole jar parmesan cheese, but if that's what the recipe calls for...
http://owxona.webs.com/kraft-grated-parmesan-cheese-oz-12310-thumb.jpg
Yes, all of this! Well, almost.
This recipe is very simple and gives great results!
Olive Garden results? Maybe...
I recommend using long, thin noodles, but any kind is fine.
I decided to get reviews from my family, and here are the results:
"Yes, I'll eat it again.
I'll eat it tomorrow if you make the chicken to go with it.
We can probably get some thinner noodles next time.
I think the sauce was too thick for the noodles we had."
-Father.
And I did make it the next day, it tasted even better!
 "It's the cheesiest! I get it 4 out of 5 stars."
-Mother
 
My sister, Radiance had no faith in me, despite my background with new recipes
 "It was good and tasty, I thought it was going to be bland. But, yeah it was good."
-Radiance

Wow, no faith in me...
Upon first taste:
"This is good, Tee!"
Daddy
"Wow, Tee this is delicious!!"
Taavi
"Wow, did you make this? From scratch? How, with what??"
Radiance
 http://media.tumblr.com/4a0fc97b7e27b17468497808b3cb3d3d/tumblr_inline_mq1g67pWD41rux3vs.gif
And my youngest sister, Reaghann ate all of it, so that's really saying something.
I'll have to make more chicken to go with it next time.
I topped it off with a mix of cheese and then chicken.
I didn't have enough to spread it out so I just threw it on top.
Haha, and I bet they thought I was being fancy
I didn't put meat on my youngest sisters because she never eats it!

2 comments:

  1. LOL. Yes, you did a nice job! Thanks for learning new recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!
      No prob, bob
      It's great, when it's good to eat
      lol

      Delete

Thank You For Commenting!