Today, I tried a blueberry cake doughnut recipe.
Since the day we went to Krispy Kreme I couldn't get the slight crunch and soft/sweet inside, out of my head.
Or maybe mouth...memory?
I don't know, I just couldn't stop thinking about it.
So with that in mind, think about my search for a (blueberry) cake doughnut.
And also keep in mind that I have looked up doughnuts before.
But yeast, I'm not sure I'm ready for that.
http://www.howsweeteats.com/2012/06/glazed-blueberry-cake-donuts-the-real-ones/
So above is the recipe if you would like to try.
I don't know what it is with fried pastries!
I've tried something called a banana fritter one time, and it had the same crusty crust as these doughnuts had.
It's not bad, I guess.
Kinda greasy, and the crust is too thick.
I had very high expectations, but no.
It was not a Krispy Kreme, nor did it promise to be.
But I think I will stick to baking cakes and cookies for a while.

That black-looking blob is a blueberry!
I mashed them up the the doughnut would have that purple-ish color.
Since the day we went to Krispy Kreme I couldn't get the slight crunch and soft/sweet inside, out of my head.
Or maybe mouth...memory?
I don't know, I just couldn't stop thinking about it.
So with that in mind, think about my search for a (blueberry) cake doughnut.
And also keep in mind that I have looked up doughnuts before.
But yeast, I'm not sure I'm ready for that.
http://www.howsweeteats.com/2012/06/glazed-blueberry-cake-donuts-the-real-ones/
So above is the recipe if you would like to try.
I don't know what it is with fried pastries!
I've tried something called a banana fritter one time, and it had the same crusty crust as these doughnuts had.
It's not bad, I guess.
Kinda greasy, and the crust is too thick.
I had very high expectations, but no.
It was not a Krispy Kreme, nor did it promise to be.
But I think I will stick to baking cakes and cookies for a while.

That black-looking blob is a blueberry!
I mashed them up the the doughnut would have that purple-ish color.
posted from Bloggeroid
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank You For Commenting!