The beginning of Summer 2016 was full of excitement. I had a little list of the things I wanted to do.
- get a job
- find some friends
- a summer romance would be nice (like the ones in those books I use to read)
- TURN UP
- jump in the pool
Above is just a replica of the list I had in my mind at the time. I mean, it's probably pretty accurate, giving and taking a few things. I actually completed like half of the list! Only half though, but for me? That's really saying something.
Getting a job was the first thing I crossed off of my list. I was looking just about everywhere, or so I thought. I applied to just about everywhere at Uptown mall, to Wal-Mart, and even to be a pizza delivery person. None of those panned out...except for Wal-Mart, but they only called after I got hired.
I'm not sure why I had such a hard time getting a job, because I was looking and applying well before summer started. I asked my family members, but none of them had applied to a job in so long the rules had changed! You apply online now, instead of turning in a paper application.
Well, online applications were used just about everywhere, except where I ended up working.
I got my job by walking in a beauty supply and trying on wigs, I mentioned that I wanted a summer job and a girl that worked there told me to apply.
I applied and he told me to come in the next day, I wasn't exactly sure if I had a job because it didn't seem official. He just told me, "Alright. Come in tomorrow at 12:30"
I wasn't sure if I was coming in for an interview or what, but I ended up starting my first job.
I feel like I learned a lot of things working at my job, even if they seem small I still think they they're valuable lessons.
I learned how to be more independent for one! This was one thing I did alone. I found this job on my own, applied and kept if until i turned in my two weeks notice before school started back.
I learned how to please a customer, help them find what they need, and how to sell them what they want.
My boss was sad to see me go but he appreciated my time there.
He gave us sushi, souvenirs from Korea and he even gave me a flat iron as a departing gift.
All in all, my first job was a good experience and I'm debating with myself on whether I shoulld go back to work, find another job, or chill altogether.
I'm proud of you and glad you're accomplishing some of your plans. Thanks for this post!
ReplyDelete