Saturday, January 11, 2014

Green Smoothies

Green smoothies have been on my to-do list for awhile.
I wanted the health of the green and the yum of the smoothie!
When I found everything I needed, that was the day my dad had come from the grocery store, so I had to wait until next time.
 After awhile I just wanted to see if you could taste the spinach.
Finally, my dad went to the store and asked what we needed.
This was my chance.
I ordered berries, bananas, spinach, and yogurt.
But my dad suggested the tropical fruit medley ( pineapple, strawberry, peach ).
So, I was like, "Yeah, that sounds good."
When he got home I was so excited.
Like really.
I whipped the smoothies up, because I really looked this up for my mom, she doesn't like vegetables, so this would be good for her to get an extra serving of green.
These smoothies were green ( duh ), the brightness was great.
My mom said you aren't suppose to drink stuff this green(joking of course)
I also added coconut oil (to supercharge it), which made it chunky.
My mom didn't like the chunks,so she couldn't drink it.
My sister, Radiance liked it, so it didn't go to waste.
Now the second day?
Ew.
I ran out of fruit medley because there was only 3 cups.
So I used two bananas and one cup of fruit.
Waaay too much banana.
So I decided to make my own fruit combo, since I ran out so fast.
My daddy bought strawberries, raspberries, and pineapple.
I flash freezed the berries so they wouldn't go bad, and I like icy smoothies.
Flash freezing is just freezing them individually on a cookie sheet and then putting them together.
I washed them with 10 parts water and one part vinegar to kill any moldy stuff.
This is a great way to freeze berries so they won't stick together!
If you want to make green smoothies then I say go for it.
 I couldn't taste the spinach!
(Though I'm not quite sure how it tastes)
But to me, it was just a fruit smoothie!
I am defiantly going to continue smoothie making!
If you wanna make my smoothie, here's what I used:
2 cup spinach
2 cup water
1 banana
2 cups fruit medley
a couple dollops of yogurt
a bit of sugar sprinkled on top
and a spoon of coconut oil
And split between two.
Or you could just use this chart!
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/95/6d/61/956d6182b05e4aa219d841909efc2387.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reciepe for the smoothie. I know i will try it I think if you add a little lemon
    juice it will keep it from turning brown in case you have to freeze some like I do. you are so sweet to be thinking of your mom. Maybe yse a lil less spinach, just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like something interesting to try! Nice post the smoothie looks nice. :) Anyway, thank you for commenting on my blog Tiara! Grace xxx ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Commenting!