Today we went to the eye doctor.
My sister wants contacts for her birthday present.
I wanted contacts too, but this time I was getting color.

Or so I thought....
My mother had color contacts when she was my age.
And I was like, please I want that too.
So the lady gave me the four colors they had available.
Green, grey, hazel, and blue.
Originally, I wanted purple but they didn't have it.
So as I am trying on the colors, the lady was all like,
"Yeah, I wanted color, but it was just too expensive for me. $100 more, mm mmm."
$100.
I look in the mirror.

S.O.S, please someone help me!
I'm looking pretty good.
I'm thinking green or hazel.
The hazel is a little orange, so it's also a little spooky.
The green is subtle and very pretty.

My mama was like,
"Ohhh, I think I like the green.
Well, the hazel looks good too...
Yeah, you look good.
But you know you gone have to pay the $100 difference, right?"
Screech!
Wait, what?
I know it's a luxury to even have contacts, and the color is extra extra.
So while I look good, do I look $100 ( that I want to spend on a whole lot of stuff) good?
Yes, yes I did.
But I decided not to pay.
I wasn't sure it'll be worth it.
I don't get out that much.
I tried the different colors on a few times too.
But didn't have a camera with me.
I figured I'll be going home with it.
So yeah, no pictures of myself to show. Maybe next year.

My sister wants contacts for her birthday present.
I wanted contacts too, but this time I was getting color.

Or so I thought....
My mother had color contacts when she was my age.
And I was like, please I want that too.
So the lady gave me the four colors they had available.
Green, grey, hazel, and blue.
Originally, I wanted purple but they didn't have it.
So as I am trying on the colors, the lady was all like,
"Yeah, I wanted color, but it was just too expensive for me. $100 more, mm mmm."
$100.
I look in the mirror.

S.O.S, please someone help me!
I'm looking pretty good.
I'm thinking green or hazel.
The hazel is a little orange, so it's also a little spooky.
The green is subtle and very pretty.

My mama was like,
"Ohhh, I think I like the green.
Well, the hazel looks good too...
Yeah, you look good.
But you know you gone have to pay the $100 difference, right?"
Screech!
Wait, what?
I know it's a luxury to even have contacts, and the color is extra extra.
So while I look good, do I look $100 ( that I want to spend on a whole lot of stuff) good?
Yes, yes I did.
But I decided not to pay.
I wasn't sure it'll be worth it.
I don't get out that much.
I tried the different colors on a few times too.
But didn't have a camera with me.
I figured I'll be going home with it.
So yeah, no pictures of myself to show. Maybe next year.

posted from Bloggeroid
Yes, you looked very pretty BUT quit trying to make me sad! You know I'm emotional. It's hard on me when I let y'all down.
ReplyDeleteI wasn't trying to make you sad!
DeleteI already know $100 is a lot.
Especially when you weren't expecting it.
I already have things I want to buy with that hundred.
lol I eventually wanted colored contacts too........looks like thats not in my future haha lol aint nobody got money fo dat hahah I dont even have $100 dollars in my savings. how bad is that? I have $80. $80. I couldnt get color even if I wanted to
ReplyDeleteLolol
DeleteJust $20 more dollars!
You're almost there!
Just don't spend it 'til then, lol
Girl boo.
Deletewhen am I going to get 20 dollars? please it took me like 5 years to $80.
+ there's too much good stuff to spend your money on :S
Girl you too funny. screech. I couldn't hardly stop laughing, although I thing you would look very cute with them.
ReplyDeleteThank you, thanks you.
DeleteI'm glad I could bring a smile to your face.
;)
I've nominated your blog for the Reader Appreciation Award :) You are listed on my blog here :http://missradiance.blogspot.com/2013/09/reader-appreciation-award.html
ReplyDeleteNot sure if I'm really nominated or you have taken pity upon me...
DeleteOh well, thanks for the award deary!!
when are you gon do it
Delete