Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Decisions? Decisions?

Every year I feel the same way about school.
I kinda want to go, but I like home schooling.
Though home schooling hasn't been the most ideal... We have plans to kick it in gear.
I always think that I'm missing out on something.
The mischievous years of high school, of being a teenager.
But I'm not very mischievous.... Am I suppose to be sneaking out?
Going to parties?
Getting a part time job?
I mean I don't know.
I think I just want the experience, but if I still get people to hang out with, isn't that the next best thing.
Or the best thing since I won't have to be in school.
I feel like if I go I'll lose out on my last years of being at home with my family, my sisters, my little brother.
Even just living under my parents.
I'll be off to college in a few years, maybe living in a dorm.
What will I regret more? Not going to school for my "best years"?
Or not being with my family?
Will I regret either one, is it that big of a deal?
The thing I want in school is different people, football games, dances, getting a locker.
That's such a small part though....
For this school year, we have a bunch of stuff planned.
Making a quilt, going on field trips, meeting other home schoolers.
I'm planning to drive sometime soon.
I wanna watch my little brother grow up.
I want the best decision, but I guess the only one who can give me that is me.

posted from Bloggeroid

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a lot of spic life decisions to make. Always remember life is a huge adventure. If you don't like something you can change it. You are NEVER locked in if you don't want to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's what I keep trying to tell myself.
      I just don't know where to not lock myself in.
      Wait, what?
      I can't decide what to do.
      Until it's too late and I only want what I can't have, lol.

      Delete
  2. well you could do a split, home school first half, go to the school house the other half.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean in the same day?
      Like kindergarten.
      That's a good idea, but I don't think they'll let me do it.

      Delete
    2. Like kindergarten?
      ^ that was originally a question.
      Sorry, I was laughing very hard.

      Delete


  3. I went to an alternative school for my last two years of high school and just did most of the work at home. I didn't like regular high school because it never stayed on track and teachers tried cramming everything in at the last second.

    All of those school events cost so much money. It's ridiculous. I couldn't afford to go to any of my dances because tickets were $100 and slightly cheaper for couples. Crazyyyy!!!

    Are you getting good grades? Do you like working at the pace right now? I totally understand wanting to meet new people!

    Do you think you could go to school for one year and see if you like it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Commenting!