So many things in life that I can't control. The list is endless, but the one thing I do have control over is the gumption to try.
It seems like I have unlimited access to try my hardest, but the main person who holds me back, is myself. I'm not sure how long I've been afraid to try, it wasn't always like this. This feeling has grown like the grass through cracks in the sidewalk, slow at first but once it gets through it's hard to get rid of.
And it's funny because whenever I put in a little effort, it turns out good, well most of the time.
I don't know maybe, just maybe I'm afraid of the little voice in my head telling me, "It's okay. I knew you couldn't do it all along."
"Baby girl, you tried your best. It just wasn't good enough, it never is."
"Nice try girl, lmfao....."
The thing is though, that the fear of failure can cost your dreams.
There are always two sides of a coin, and the other side of this one is the fear of success. The fear of failure is obvious, no one wants to fail, but what about success?
Who doesn't want to succeed in whatever they do?
Being afraid to actually get something right and succeed is born from not believing in yourself to do it again.
You had one good idea, so what?
I bet you won't have another one, I bet you won't live up to the hype you've created for yourself.
It can be argued that the fear of succeeding is worst than the fear of failing.
Anyone can be scared of failing, that's obvious, that's easy, that's almost weak.
But to be afraid to actually achieve?
That's for the strong ones, the ones who can believe in everything and anything but their selves.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank You For Commenting!