Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Block Party!!

If you've ever watched t.v. or movies, then you may have seen a block party in action.
It's always great music, family, friends, a time to party!!
People might bbq and have activities for the kids.
Recently we found out we actually had a block party in our neighborhood.
When it was time to go, we walked our way over there.
And this is what we saw for half of the street.
And then a group of people in front of a house.
how you doin'?
It was then I realized we left the most social person at home.
The one to crack jokes, break the ice, every group has one.
I thought my daddy would be a good stand in.
I thought wrong.
We pretty much walked past everybody saying "How you doin'", without doing much stopping.
Large Strides
You know what time it is? Time to go.
As we walked past everybody, I wondered how mama ( our funny person ) would act.
We stayed long enough to hear the boring speeches, but then we walked past the people coming in to go home.
I have to say my first block party was a grave disappointment.
One day I will have the amazing gift of gab.

5 comments:

  1. Ha!
    "You know what time it is? Time to go"
    HAHAHAAAHHHHHHHAAAAA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, you know he was walking fast @ray

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was there any music? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. KMSL! See, y'all should appreciate me more. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you don't know what you are missing until you miss it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Commenting!