Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Are You Jelly?

You may know that I have a few plants now, and the main reason I wanted these plants are to use them!
So far oregano has been the most used.
But a few days ago I used my aloe vera plant.
One of the leaves bent in half, so I cut it off the plant and used it for my hair!
First I cut the leaf off of the plant, and cut the damage piece (that circle, sunken in part) off.
I cut the spikes off next, I looked up how to cut this plant when I first got it so I could get all the gel out. 
So cool
 I removed the skin, so I could get to the good stuff.

I wasn't sure if pictures were deceiving me or what.
But this stuff is actually clear!
It's an actual gel.
This was so cool to hold, you can eat this stuff too.
I probably won't do that though, if has a bit of a weird smell.
I knew this one leaf would not be enough for me hair, not even half,though it is a lot.
So I chopped it up and mixed it with aloe conditioner.
Something we just happened to have.
I think putting it in the blender might have made it go together better, but I thought it would just dissolve.
Look at all those chunks!
I just deep conditioned with this mix and washed it out, believe it or not my hair was way soft!
A leaf fell off of my plant yesterday, so I have to find out what to do with it.
I hope this plant doesn't die, I'm letting it dry out a bit, maybe I was overwatering it?
Have you ever tried something you were surprised worked?

5 comments:

  1. Woah! This is such an epic idea! I must try it. :)

    ~Natasha
    thestoryofthisgirlslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats so cool even though im grossed out by the way it looks inside its still cool
    i like how you try crazy thing=)=)=)♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love putting it in my conditioner as well. It is repairing my bleached hair super well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOu should if you have the supplies!
    @nastasha
    Yea, it does!
    @missmisi
    Wow, that's so cool!
    @nerd burger

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Commenting!