Sunday, December 8, 2013

Black Friday

Did anyone get out for Black Friday last week?
I wasn't getting out in that hot mess.
But when my mother said that Micheal's was having a sale, I was all for it!
I even got on the freeway!
When we got to Micheal's the place was full, but not crowded.
It was a very calm experience.
Nothing like what you see on t.v. or hear on the radio.
No one was fighting, but then again this was a craft store.
A lot of different things were on sale.
I really wanted to get a canvas since they were on sale, but I also didn't wanna go over my price limit.
I had a little herb thingy, all you had to do was put it in soil and water it.
In like two weeks you get herbs!!
But again, PRICE LIMIT!!!
Yea, it just kept yelling at me.
I have a few different hobbies, and hobbies cost money.
I looked at yarn(two for one!), beads, color pencils (prismacolor, Faber castle),
 sketchbooks (two for a one!), canvases.
Everything.
You know how I wanted colored paper?
Well, I found it!!!
First, I thought the sketchbook was $7, but when I went to put it back (price limit).
I found out it was 3 bucks, can I tell you I was excited?
I got two.
When I had a price limit warning, I chose tan.
But since I could get two for one, I got both so I can decide which I like better!
Ahh
I really didn't know what was on sell, when I found out that yarn was too...
excited (1189) Animated Gif on Giphy
SO MANY COLORS

Well, not nearly this many colors.
But I was really excited for all the different colors.

Having only one color before I realized it was on sale, I picked 3 colors total.
I like blue one the best, but I think the other colors will really work for what I'm trying to do.
All for 3.29.
Something else I need for my... project is polyfil.
I had no idea how this stuff looked
 
I couldn't see it at first, not the one I needed.
But my sister came to help me, because she felt sorry for me.
This was originally $5, but I used a coupon for 40%.
So 2 dollars off.
She got a great deal (a few actually), and this was before I realized any of my stuff was on sale.
She helped me find it and after that it seems like I went on a winning streak!
Everything fell in my favor.
Expect one thing.
When I found almost everything I was looking for, I decide to get some help.
The lady wasn't very helpful...
Me: Hello, I need help finding something
(Who knows if she was busy, doing something else?)
Lady: Yes, and?
(I guess not....)
Me: There are these things called Safety Eyes?
Lady: Safety Eyes...I'm sorry could you describe it in more detail?
Me: Well, they are like beads with a loop on the back
(It's not really a loop on the back)
I had no idea how these looked
Lady: Beads with a loop on the back....Could you tell me what they are used for?
Me: If you wanted to make a stuffed animal or something, they would be used for the eyes.
Lady: Do you have a picture?
Me: I can draw it
Lady: *Looks at drawing* Yes, I don't think we have the item you are looking for...
But thank you for drawing the picture.
So I didn't get the eyes, online is my next destination I suppose.
But all in all I got a great group of stuff!
$20.39
Did you go shopping for Black Friday or Cyber Monday?
What did you get?

10 comments:

  1. Ahahahhh I was reading that in that lady voice hahayahah she was talking all slow hahahahhh that was funny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm, no.
      It wasn't funny!!
      (Well, it kinda funny)

      Delete
  2. I got socks; 20 different colors for 3 bucks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Socks?
      Oh, how I love thee.
      20 different pairs?
      Where was I?

      Delete
  3. Oh yeah and you and this price limit AHAH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you got a lot of good stuff. I guess I took my crazy a shopping on good sat and messed up in good fashion. The rest is history I am not sad anymore, what ever will be will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I'm pretty happy with my purchases!
      Don't get sad, get glad!

      Delete
  5. Having a price limit in a craft store is the worst thing ever! Michaels came out with an updated app that shows all their deals and coupons. I wouldn't expect that many people to go there.. maybe I'll try that next year.

    Michaels only has googley eyes. Isn't that ridiculousssss? I only know of ONE store that carries safety eyes and it's Jo Ann's but it's like $2 or $2 PER pair. Etsy is pretty $$$ too.

    Go to http://www.crscraft.com/ instead. Bulk order! You can get a regular black ones in a pack of 50 or 100 (around $8.99) pairs. Smaller sizes are cheaper. There's also colored ones. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm, how many times can I say thank you??
      Buying eyes for $2 per pair?
      I'm not made of money!
      So thank you again, I really appreciate it.

      Delete

Thank You For Commenting!