Sunday, September 1, 2013

Happy Happy Birthday

Hey Dad
What's up?
You probably won't read this for another month...
But this is something that I wanted to say:
Happy, Happy Birthday!
You're funny sometimes and mean the others
Part of the parents I love
You get us doughnuts!
You complete the silliest request, though not without a grumble
from your chest.
I still remember that book you got me,
When I was like, in love with Alicia Keys
I never really read it, but I always traced the cover
But you knew I liked to read, you knew I really loved it
The other book you gave me ( few and far between)
Was filled with wise quotes, some I that wrote again and again
I always thought about you, as I think about you now
I am really, really, really glad that you are my Paw.




posted from Bloggeroid

3 comments:

Thank You For Commenting!