Trying new recipes are always cool.
And when they come out the way you want, well...
That's even cooler!
Something was requested.
A snack cake.




I thought to myself, "Snack cakes? How will this turn out?"
Actually no, scratch that.
I thought, "Really...? Okay."
I didn't really think about how it would turn out until I was making it.
Six cups of flour seems like a little much no?
Oh, well.
I already mixed everything else by the time I was making that.
Be careful what you wish for.
>:)
I think it's safe to say everyone will be sick of it by the end...
But to be honest it is pretty good, just like a slice of chocolate cake.
And another slice.
With filling in the middle....
Or ice cream....
Well, here's the recipe.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/foodnation-with-bobby-flay/whoopie-pies-recipe/index.html
WARNING: This recipe does not make 16 whoopee pies.
Unless they are HUGE.
This recipe is for a nice size group of people, or a big family, or a few siblings (who likes snacks) with friends, or random people on the street who would take snack cakes from a strange person.
You can use a regular spoon, the batter should round out on its own.
So don't worry about that.
To store it, I would put the filling in the fridge and put the cake in a regular cake pan, stack 'em up with wax paper between each slice so they won't stick together.
And please don't have these in the sun or another unreaaonble warm place.
They will melt/stick the the cake pan.
And when they come out the way you want, well...
That's even cooler!
Something was requested.
A snack cake.




I thought to myself, "Snack cakes? How will this turn out?"
Actually no, scratch that.
I thought, "Really...? Okay."
I didn't really think about how it would turn out until I was making it.
Six cups of flour seems like a little much no?
Oh, well.
I already mixed everything else by the time I was making that.
Be careful what you wish for.
>:)
I think it's safe to say everyone will be sick of it by the end...
But to be honest it is pretty good, just like a slice of chocolate cake.
And another slice.
With filling in the middle....
Or ice cream....
Well, here's the recipe.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/foodnation-with-bobby-flay/whoopie-pies-recipe/index.html
WARNING: This recipe does not make 16 whoopee pies.
Unless they are HUGE.
This recipe is for a nice size group of people, or a big family, or a few siblings (who likes snacks) with friends, or random people on the street who would take snack cakes from a strange person.
You can use a regular spoon, the batter should round out on its own.
So don't worry about that.
To store it, I would put the filling in the fridge and put the cake in a regular cake pan, stack 'em up with wax paper between each slice so they won't stick together.
And please don't have these in the sun or another unreaaonble warm place.
They will melt/stick the the cake pan.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank You For Commenting!