Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Memories...Sweet, Sweet, Memories.

Don't you hate when you're wrong?
When everything you ever thought was a....
Fib?
Well, I don't know about you, but I'm feeling twentytwo disappointed.
When I was a young child... Maybe 5 or 6.
Still at my first home.
With the hamper on the end of the hall.
Yeah, that one.
There was a house between ours and my granny's.
There was a tree that blackberries grew out/fell off of.
Whenever I rode my bike between our houses, I would pick the berries from the tree (or more often the sidewalk).
And eat them.
Well, let me tell you.
I asked my Daddy to buy us blackberries, so I could relive that sweet goodness.
What grew on that tree could not have been blackberries.
Or my mind has made up something that doesn't exist.
Because what I remember was sweet.
But uh, no blackberries are tart.
Daddy was all like, " Trust me you won't like them. No, they aren't sweet...blah,blah. Yeah, gone and get 'em."
*rolls eyes*
I was all like," I'll prove you wrong! I know what I've tasted! I know what I've seen! "
By these time he'd walked off.
So I picked package of berries.
We got home and I tasted them, expecting something _very_ different.
I guess I'll just relive the goodness in my mind.

6 comments:

  1. It seems like they used to be sweet back in the day, but you know fruit is better when it come straight off the tree and roll around on the ground for a while 'lol' no, we use to sprinkle sugsr on the berries after we wash them, let them soak in the sugar. that was a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.
      Yeah, I guess most everything is better when it's fresh.
      The taste isn't soo bad I suppose, nothing how I remember though....

      Delete
  2. awwww y u wanna make me cry lol jk
    did you take that picture? cuz it look good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy to make you cry, lolol.
      Yes! I did.
      Off of Google.

      Delete
  3. lol, I remember that tree too and I rememeber them being sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a witness!
    I knew I wasn't crazy....

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Commenting!