Sunday, December 2, 2012

Hors D'ouerves

Having been on a few cruises, I have found that the Hors D'ouerves (little snacks before a meal) have often times been...
Nasty.
Maybe it was just the element of surprise that got me.
I was expecting it to be sweet, it looked like jelly.
The only thing I know about it is that it got slowly chewed, then quickly spit out.
Not the best first experience.
But this trip made up a little for that.
At this thing called a past guest party (that's where I got the hors d'ouevre the first time.) I retried the thing I feared would upset my tongue.
With my sister's help (she told me what it was) I ate it!
It was mashed potatoes, a little cube of steak and little onion rings.
I ate the whole cup.
It was only as big as a condiment cup...
But it was pretty tasty.
The second hors d'ouerve I tried was a little different.
It wasn't at a party, a little cart called Tasty something...
Nobody knew what it was, but my father convinced me to try it.
"Gon' and get you one of those, Tee."
So I did, with my newfound courage and the look of crispy.
I accidentally dropped it in the bowl of gravy.
It covered about half of it.
Mama laughed and told me to quit being goofy.
I guess it was a little goofy to try to eat it with a toothpick, with how heavy it was...
Anyway, I'll get to the point.
It was a little weird and pretty good.
Fried steak maybe? And it had some other creamy stuff in there too.
I believe I was the only one who like it.
I would have gotten another one but as you may or may not know I felt sick for the majority of the cruise.
I had some good moments, but I didn't feel like pushing it.
That's the end of my review(?). I wasn't trying to do a review...But you can call it that if you want.
Even though I only tried two.
If I found I took pictures I will post, but I can't remember if I did or not...

1 comment:

Thank You For Commenting!