Today, trying to see what all the "hoopla" was about my family and I went to In-N-Out.
When we first walked in, it looked clean. Despite the flies...
The style of the place reminded me of California, for some reason. Though I've never been to California.... It was white and red, palm trees. It just looked somewhere Californians would go.
The menu was smaller than I imagined, I thought you build your own burger.
But no.
"Hmm," I thought. "This must be the in and out, just order what you want and it's ready!"
There was still a wait, for the freshness of course.
But when we finally got the food, I didn't like the fries. They seemed stale for some reason.
I didn't like the shake much, it was the slightly warm, thick, malty.
But the burger wasn't bad. It wasn't like "Omg! Where have these burgers been all my life?!?"
It was more like,"Hm, this is okay. Thousand Island? Cool, I guess. At least it's fresh."
Not the reaction I was expecting.
I always set my self up for failure. Expecting so much, only to be deflated a little.
They actually have a "secret menu" so you can go to their website for that.
But I would much rather go to Steak and Shake.
No offense, to anyone of the people wrapped around the in and out burger building. It just ain't for me. I would work there though. $10 an hour. That's good, I think...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank You For Commenting!