Friday, July 6, 2012

Sometimes You Just Gotta Let Go.

I've been getting my eyebrows arched for a while.
Usually for special occasions.
Like weddings, vacations, birthdays.
It's mostly grooming. You look WAY cleaner and neater with arched eyebrows.
It's only been me.
But every time I've got them done I'll get the same question,"How about your sister?"
Er, what about her? I would think.
"Can she get her eyebrows done too?"
What?!? No! You have to reach a certain age! A mature level.
I mean you gotta get on my level, man.
I understand, it's a courtesy to even get asked.
She (my mother) can always say "okay" and do it anyway.
But she always listened when I said, "No, she has to be 13 like I was when I first got them"
She never said,"Whateva, drama queen."
Lost of people may not know this, but being an older sibling is a little difficult.
Having to always make sure your sisters do most of what they are suppose to do.
Doing most of the work, since your little sisters didn't do it right.
Having to handle the little petty fights, and being undermined anyway.
Not having anything special. To yourself, being the first to do something. But here they come right after you. Being able to do it sooner, since you already opened the door.
You wedge your foot in it, but they just bust it open.
So, yes that is a little bit of the reason of saying no every time I'm asked.
Having something special to myself.
But today, getting my eyebrows arched again. I was asked the same question.
"So, no to your sister?"
I looked over and being the best sister, despite all the arguments she starts, all the times she ignores me, annoys me,or calls me ugly,fat or saying that I have a mustache.
I looked past that and said,"Yea, okay, whatever. I guess"
And you may think "Its not that big of a deal..."
"You sound like you don't care."
"I can't believe you made her waited so long"
Or "Big sisters always get the best stuff"
But I don't know, I just decided that today, she could have her eyebrows arched.
Maybe next time I'll feel like "Nope, not this time"
But this time she got her eyebrows arched too.

3 comments:

  1. Very well written. I understand. It's not going to be a regular thing.
    I was just curious as to how it would look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what the heck? i do NOT call you fat,or say you have a mustache.

    P.S. please take off the "please prove your not a robot" thing.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Commenting!